1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro-Wings on an 8.5 Western?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DuallySnoPusher, Sep 20, 2006.

1. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

Does anyone run Pro-Wings on an 8.5 western? They say not to put them on plows that big are there any reasons?

:drinkup: payup

2. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

wings

I have two proplus 8'6" with wings work great

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Got them on my 9' pro plus for my F-350 dump. Can't wait to use them this winter.

4. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Guys, I think we are talking about pro-wing brand wings from buyers, not the western wings for the proplus plow.

I believe these wings were originally designed for meyers plows. plus they might not fit the curve of an 8.5 foot plow. lots of guys have them with no problems.,

5. DuallySnoPusher

Do the western brand remove like the Pro-Wing brand? Are they the same size, and price?

6. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

The Western wings are designed for the Pro Plus line. They are a factory option. The Pro Plus comes with spots already built into the plow for the wings to attatch. Check the following link

http://www.westernplows.com/proplus.asp

As for the Buyers brand, I believe that they make the Pro Wings for all brands of plows, Western, Fisher, Myer, Boss etc.

Will

7. DuallySnoPusher

No Can Do!!!

I have a uni-mount and talked to a guy from Central Parts and he said that the support rib in the back of the plow gets in the way of the main stud. He said that the only option is to weld them on which i don't want to do, so if anyone has any other ideas it would be great.

8. DuallySnoPusher

Pictures Wanted

Does anyone have any pics of a 8.5 unimount with Pro-Wings brand wings on? Also if you have any pictures of the back were they mount that would be helpful also.

9. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Will the pro plus wings match up to a pro plow? Look like you just need to drill 2 holes on side and weld in a support bar and lug. I never seen the pro wings up close do the have the same curve?

10. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

I have an 8'6' with buyers pro wings and yes the rib does get in the way but you can drill the hole on one side or the other. Then i took the torches and the vise and bent the stud on the back of the wing and it has worked great. It clears alot of snow in one pass especially measuring in at over 10 feet!!!:gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: :dizzy:

11. DuallySnoPusher

Pictures

Can you send me some pictures? I just got a contract on a storage lot and need them!!!!!

Thaks

12. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

Yeah i will get some pics tomm. Seems like im not going to mowing or leaf removal. Do you just need pics of the front of the plow or how i mounted them?

13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Pictures of the front and the mount would be nice. Thanks.

14. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

Ok let me go snap some!!!

15. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

Sorry it took so long i forgot about it. Here they are 8.6 Western with wings!!!!

save plow1.jpg

16. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

side wing.jpg

17. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

Front view.jpg

18. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

Cool thing about it is i have the extra Width without the extra Weight!!!
    And the 2500HD handles it just fine:waving: :waving:

19. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks Snowman19tymusic

20. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

Not a Prob.!