1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro-Wings on an 8.5 Western Uni-Mount?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DuallySnoPusher, Sep 22, 2006.

1. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

I was told that they can't be installed because of the support ribs on the back of the plow gets in the way of the Pro-Wings pins? Does anyone have them installed? Also post some pics if you have them of the front and of the back where the brackets and pins are.

2. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Wings on a Western

I believe Bnewell is also a Western Distributor. Ask him. He will know.
  3. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Plow Wings

I think he is going under BGN right now.
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Buyers prowings will fit a pro plow, some drilling or welding required other than that no major mods. I would , if your able to, do some stregthening of the outer rib by running some angle iron horizontally between the first and second rib.
  5. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Have you done that?
    I would love to see some pics of the reinforcement.
    Just trying to learn.
  6. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

The plow blade will handle the extra work but do yourself a favor and thisnk of the extra work you are now asking of your transmission & engine. Don't get me wrong, the PSD's are fantastic snow machines. That's a LOT of snow to push around. I have Pro Wings on my 7 1/2 Pro and I love them. I also run a PSD. No way in hell would I put them on an 8 1/2 blade. I know it's only another 1 foot but it's still a lot of stress on the truck frame, engine, trans, t-case, front & rear diffs, ball joints, u-joints, etc. If you're dead set on doing it than I hope all goes well. I wouldn't really worry about adding more structural support but that's just me.
  7. That thing will be just fine..... Chris has a good point, but no need to worry about the small things in life..... I'm all about gettin stuff done when it's snowin' and I never take my wings off!!!prsport Good luck and Happy Plowinxysport