1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings on A V Plow

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Cooter24, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Has any one installed pro wings on a steel v plow? Really would like to add a set. The boxed in portion looks like it will interfere.

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I'll be adding a set to a boss v next week!

3. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Looking specifically if u can add them to a Hiniker. Although the Boss also has a boxed in lower section.

4. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

No one has put pro wings on a Hiniker V?

5. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

if you do it or find pics, please post.

6. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Well hey call me crazy or insane I have a western unimount pro poly 7.6 and weighed the odds if having to drill a 1 3/8-1/2 whole in the mold board just didn't sit well and yes the price is a whole bunch if the equation .The pro wings are about $200-250 I decided to go one better in my opinion I installed Boss Wings on my western ,they match up almost perfect and a whole lot stronger than the PW22/pro wings but also a lot more money by about 500$ so I say pick your poison and go and also wouldnt be surprised if they matched up fairley close being the Hiniker is a poly. Good luck in your choice and let us know the out come

7. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

In the first post I stated that we are working with an older steel plow. They are also reinforced differently with the lower boxed section than most plows. I currently have a pro wing n the shop we are repairing. Planning on checking it over closely and hoping it will work.

8. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

Hiniker has factory wings for the vees that are awesome. Not sure if they would work on the older steel vees or not.