1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pro wings on a poly?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by cameo89, Jan 12, 2008.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Has any one on here put pro wings on a poly blade (I know they are NOT recomended)
    because of the HUGE hole you have to drill in the mold board, But I would rather pay $150.00+ aposed to $600.00+ on Boss wings and has any one used western wings on a Boss? are western wings any cheaper if they would work?

Wanted to buy wings for a 7'6'' Boss Poly!

Thanks in advance for any & all input
    Thanks, Yon

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

bang !

i guess if you have the super duper plastic it might not pull through the first push !payup

3. topdj

topdj Senior Member

someone has rubber ones that will work on ebay, they dont look as good as pro wings

9337_12.jpg

4. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

He should have sprayed that plow with Fluid Film before he took a picture of it. I dont know how well they will work. I guess it will work with a little bit of snow, anything over 4" will go right over the cutting edge

5. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

I had a 7-6 boss poly blade and I installed pro wings on it. What I did for mine was drill the big hole then there is a plate that you put in behind the blade then install the pin. On metal blades the plate is just held there by the pin. But I welded mine to one of the ribs and it worked really good. I ran them for 2 years and never had a problem. Wish I would of taken picks to help explain it a little better.

6. Runner

Runner Senior Member

That's kind of what I was going to say. If you reinforced it by taking the moldboard off, and welding a piece of flat stock across there from one brace to another, you would be all set.

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You know those might work pretty good just as curb protectors. It will also make it easier to find curbs.

8. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I wish I could get wings, I have a 7ft hiniker poly and I could use another 6-8 inch on each side

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Search thru this forum. Someone put western wings on a boss poly vee. Pry search back the first 3 pages.

10. timlb703

timlb703 Junior Member

I put wings on a poly and never had a issue

11. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Thank you all for all of your input, I luv this site it has been very helpful on all problems that I have had,
    Thanks,Yon:salute: