1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro wings on a poly plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by thesnowman269, Nov 2, 2014.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Has anyone ever mounted pro wings on a poly meyers plow with success? I've seen it done a few times but wondering how long it has lasted before cracking or destroying the mold board.

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

If you're referring to Buyers PW22 ProWings I mounted a set on my 8.5ft Meyer Poly. I ran them for about 4yrs before selling the plow, no cracks, no issues.....
    I used 2"x2"x1/4" Angle to tie the 2 outer vertical ribs together and as a frame to weld a 6"X8"X1/4" plate to, then I took 1/2"X1/2" square bar to act as structural ribs. I welded the 2 wing mounts to the plow frame outer vertical rib. Since I added the 6"X8"X1/4" plate and with the skin being 3/8" I had to trim the wing so the mounting pin that goes threw the moldboard would pass threw enough to put the hitch pin in it.
    I also reinforced the Wings with 1/2"X1/2" square bar to act as structural ribs.

wingmt.jpg

wingmt2.jpg

wingmt3.jpg

pw22.jpg

3. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

That has to be the most helpful and on point response I've ever gotten from plow site. Thank you very much!!

4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Oh man I was going for something completely different......:cry:
    Just take your time and don't rush it.