1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings on a Midweight

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by vzsplicer, Nov 21, 2010.

1. vzsplicer

vzsplicer Junior Member
    from PA

Does anybody have any suggestions regarding putting aftermarket wings on a Midweight? I just picked up a used one and am retiring my 7 1/2' Steel uni to ultra plow that has been in service for 10years or so. I never put wings on the older plow, but would like to on the new one but the steel seems SO much thinner I don't want to ruin it...

2. vzsplicer

vzsplicer Junior Member
    from PA

nobody has any idea?

Just trying to see if this is do-able.

3. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

I always run wings. its alot more efficient. I have both stock Boss wings, and a set of prowings. The prowings will bend very easily and the rubber pulls fro the mounts very easy. Buy stock or something better built.

4. vzsplicer

vzsplicer Junior Member
    from PA

I was hoping someone out there in snowplowland had a Western Midweight and added wings (of some sort), and get their opinion and maybe some pics. But thank you for your input regarding the wings on a Boss.