1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro-wings on a Meyer-Max poly mold board???

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by SNOWGETSPLOWED, Dec 2, 2006.

?

Do you have pro-wings on your plow, and do you like them.

1. I have them on my plow.

50.0%
  2. I don't have them on my plow.

27.8%
  3. I like them.

33.3%
  4. They are a joke, save your money.

11.1%
  5. I have them mounted on a poly moldboard.

16.7%
  6. I have them mounted on a steel moldboard.

44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SNOWGETSPLOWED

SNOWGETSPLOWED Junior Member

Has anyone attempted to attach the pro-wings to a Meyer-Max stp 7.5?? I found a picture on eBay of the back mounting on a western plow. I see they mount to the face of the plow, and i do not mind drilling the mold board. Everybody says not for the poly plows! I have thought of fabricating a rear reinforcement system that’s welded to the rear sub frame to help support the poly mold board to help except the pro-wings mounting points . So what do you guys think??? Do pro-wings really help? Should I destroy the poly moldboard to be the research subject or what?

Thanks,

SNOWGETSPLOWED:cool:

2. SNOWGETSPLOWED

Hello, why look without commenting???? Have you you used the pro-wings??? how do they work???:yow!:

3. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

pro-wings???

usually the pro wings just suck. you would def. have to do some reinforcement on the poly so that you dont ripe the wing out of the moldboard. I wouldnt try it, but hey its yours; go for it.:salute:

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Yes I do use Pro-Wings on all of my plows. Yes I have installed them on poly blades. I have fatigue cracks around large holes in moldboard. They have been there since the first winter and never grown.

On all my plows(both steel and poly) I mounted the pivot point bars to the ribs behind the moldboard. The mount angles in and sits flat against the rib. Then a piece of angle is welded to the other side of the rib which meets with the rest of the mount. This allows the moldboard to remain smooth when the wing is removed.

If I lived in an area that received more snow I would buy Blizzard plows with the wings. But, I can still move a lot of snow with the Pro-Wings.

5. SNOWGETSPLOWED

Lawnmedic please post some pics, that would help.:waving:

6. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

If I can find my digital camera in the morning I will get you some shots. Still got customers needing leaf removal.

7. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

have them on three poly plows and they work fine. a little welding helps

8. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Hope these pictures help...

plow_0084.jpg

plow_0085.jpg

plow_0086.jpg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  9. SNOWGETSPLOWED

Lawnmedic,

Iff'n yer calllin that there plow a polly plow you have been smellin to much gas fumes this summer. That sure looks like rust on the back of your mold board and it sure looks like its welded to the sub-frame.

Well iIff'n any of yous plow jockeys out there have some pics of a poly mold board with the pro-wing on them let me know. I also found there things called "curbiess" on e-bay that mount on to the cutting edge bolts. They look like they would work great on a poly mold board. :bluebounc

10. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

not a fan!!!!!!!!!

11. starc

starc Senior Member

I have something similar on mine that I made 10 years ago that do the same thing, don't know how anyone can do a proper clean job without something on the ends of the blade to help hold in the snow on the final passes to do a clean job. I mainly do condo complexs and all the snow has to be pushed to certain areas and not off to the sides. The ones I made stick straight out about a foot and a half infront of the blade, work great.

12. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Your right The pictures I took were of a steel moldboard. It was outside and easy to get to. My truck with the poly on it is staged about 8 miles away, and unless we get enough work to need a salt refill at it's location I don't plan on seeing it.

As for mounting the Pro-Wings, I mount them all the same. There is a large metal plate that goes behind the mounting pin that goes through the moldboard . This spreads out the load of the Pro-Wing on the moldboard.

13. SNOWGETSPLOWED

I am still looking for pictures (front and rear) of a poly mold board with the pro-wings attached, please post some if any one can. Thanks :yow!: :angry:

14. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR Junior Member
    from S.E.PA

i put them on a 7.5 meyers com plow that had some use and i could make the whole side flex when stacking snow so i take them off for that they r great for slush in parking lots

15. SNOWGETSPLOWED

Wings on a poly plow

I am still looking for pictures of the prowings mounted on a poly plow if someone would please post some. I have also found a new product called curbeez on ebay looks like it will work great on the ploy. Link provided http://www.curbeez.com/ Please Postyour pics. Thank you in advance. GIT ER DONE

16. SNOWGETSPLOWED

Re posting 11/2008 looking for pictures still. Thanks.