1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pro wings on a Diamond plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Woodland, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Anyone here had any trouble installing those pro wings on their diamond plow blade. I just got back from attempting it and ran into some trouble. I drilled that first hole exactly 9 5/8" from the top of the cutting edge, following the contour of the blade and exactly 8 1/2" over from the blade edge, and then placed to the wing on the line up the pivot brackets but no go. In order to pivot the wing up high enough to clear the trip edge, it wont sit up against the blade close enough to hit the pivot brackets. As far as I can see, the only way around this is to grind off part of the wing and cut away part of the plow blade. Am I doing something wrong or did you all run into this problem?

2. JSLandscaping

JSLandscaping Junior Member

Had the same problem on the first wing i put on, came out way too tight fitting, its acutually on there so tight it wont come off. Its on the drivers side so it really doesnt matter. On the passenger side wing i just installed the brackets on the side by assembling the wing and holding it where i thought it should be and marking the spots where the holes need to be. Came out beutifully, and its easily removed. The directions make it out to be so much more complicated then it should be. This was on my MM1. Hope this helps any.....

James
    JS LANDSCAPING