1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings on a Boss Straight

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Shannonjd, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Shannonjd

Shannonjd Junior Member

Will Pro Wings fit a Boss Plow? It is steel fabrication, straight, about 8' I believe. Thanks
  2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Should work. I see them around all the time on a Boss straight blade.
  3. Shannonjd

Shannonjd Junior Member

GREAT! Thanks Brian. It is a gift and I know nothing about this stuff.
  4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

No reason why they wouldn't. They work on everything else. They say you're not supposed to hook them up on to poly blades, but I've seen it done a few times. We did a set on a poly, but removed the moldboard, measured and cut a piece of flat stock, and ran it (welded) diagonally downward toward the bottom of the plow - welding it to the plowframe. Then, the stud was able to go through the steel and be held with reinforcement. It worked out pretty well that way.
  5. little pat

little pat Member

Shouldn't be a problem, I've seen them mounted on Boss plows and they never had problems.
  6. wls

wls Senior Member

I have a set on a 7.5 foot straight boss
  7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Same here, took 2 hrs. to install, work great, and come off in about 30 seconds should the need arise.