1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings On a Blizzard?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by purpleranger519, Jan 10, 2008.

1. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Does anyone know if the ProWings will fit on a 860HD? Northern Tool has them on sale for $150 I thought I might give them a try if they work.

2. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

I've used pro wings for more than ten years.... they work very well.... however, I would look at Jerre's danger wings. They are designed for the curve of the Blizzard and are much heavier duty. Hope this is helpful, Al

3. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

And you have used them for 10 years on a Blizzard? I know Jerre's are made for the Blizzard, but they are quite a bit higher than the Pro Wings.

4. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

No, Actually I have them mounted on a 1975 Meyer ST7.5. If price is the only drawback, the pro wings will do fine... but they have a habit of bending in the heavier snow. If you try to stack heavy snow against an existing pile, the outer edge of the wing will bend. You will also experience the bolts that fasten the rubber blade on pulling thru the rubber. No squeege action until repaired. Also you need to drill a 1" hole in the mouldboard of your plow on each side to pin the center pin. I don't know about you but I prefer not to drill or cut anything in the business end of any plow. It looks like you have quite an assortment of equipment and you obviously are busy. If high production is your goal... I really think the danger wings are a better deal.... Remember the old saying..... you get what you pay for? It really does make a difference. There is no substitute for quality. If something sounds too good to be true..... it usually is.
    Thanx, Al
    PS I am considering adding dangerwings to my 860SW when it gets here. I will pin the wings back and be 11'9"" wide.... 9"wider than the 8611.... and wings to boot....food for thought!! xysport

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I don't think Danger wings and Prowings should be used in the same sentence, other than to say they are no where near being equal.

6. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

Dear John,
    If you read the entire post... I really do recommend Jerre's danger wings over the pro wings. I also took the time to explain the downside of the prowings. After spending 10+ years behind a set... I know they do work after a fashion... but the danger wings will work much better.;)
    Al:waving:

7. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Al,

Sorry, that was kinda an incomplete post on my part. I wasn't referring to you. What I meant to say was while prowings are what they are, I wouldnt waste my time on them, just go with the Danger Wings.

They scoop so much more due to their angled forward design, and they wont flex back like the prowings. Every prowing set that I have seen that is very old is just about straight with the blade. No scoop action there.

8. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Guess we are saying the same thing:D

9. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

Hey John,
    No Problemo :salute: I didn't take offence..... the farmer needed it to keep in the cows.:D