1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings on a blizzard 810 ???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CNYScapes, Nov 4, 2004.

1. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

OK, maybe Im getting greedy but if 10 foot is great why not 12 foot. What do you guys think? My truck (04 Dodge Ram 2500) and plow are brand new and both under warranty. I would crush my big parking lots in no time at all.
    Then I could be the first one to the bagel shop for coffee !!!

2. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Sound great in theory, but with that kind of width, would you be putting too much stress on the lateral pistons? In other words, if you got wide and had the pro wings carrying a heavy wet load of slop, would it just peel back? There is a weak point in there somewhere and at some point. I would hat to find it the hard way. I don't know much about Blizzards, but does that make sense?

3. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

I dont know if it would take it or not, but Im excited just thinking about it. 12 feet would be sick :D Most of what we get is light fluffy lake effect stuff, so I think it would be OK, but Im no engineer.

4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Would two more feet really make that much of a difference???? Every 50 feet you gain one pass...How long does one pass take??? It cant take that much time... I just do not think it would be worth the strain on the plow/truck...

I you really need something that big get a loader with a big pusher...

5. chevyshovelin

chevyshovelin Junior Member

wow 12 foot! naaah wont work 3/4ton too small,good luck.

6. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Have you even plowed your parking lot with the Blizzard first. Maybe its perfect for what you need. Also 12 feet of plow is to much for a 2500. I say use what you have.