1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings mounting question/instructions???

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BushHogBoy, Nov 24, 2005.

1. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

I traded for this set of prowings new in box, but the instructions have been taken out and lost. being that i'm putting them on the Lexan SnoWay, its a little different than the steel blades I basically need to know just how much the rubber cutting edge of the wing is supposed to stick down past the bottom of the wing...

any help appreciated.

Thanks,
    Eric

2. little pat

little pat Member

I do not believe they recommend putting pro wings on anything except a steel blade. I have a new set so I'll check and email the directions to you later today.

3. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Thanks Pat. Like I said I will weld up a framework behind the moldboard. It will be as strong as any steel plow. Of course no one's done it, thats why I want to! haha you don't know me lol....
    Thanks bud, I appreciate any info you can get me.
    Eric

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:rolleyes: Thats the way!!! Just build what you need.:nod:

5. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

6. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Ryder,
    I'll try to remember to do a "how-to" on it, take plenty of pictures and measurements and post it all up... I would even think about producing a "SnoWay mount kit" for Pro-Wings, but I'm not sure how things will go I probably will end up welding a lot of it on, a kit like that needs to be bolted I suppose. Well we'll see how it goes after I figure how far off the ground the wing needs to be...

Thanks,
    Eric