1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings Install On 8'2" V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by millsaps118, Dec 11, 2007.

1. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

BEFORE.......

Just installed my Pro Wings today. Here's some what of a step by step for those of you who are interested. Here's the before...I'll get to the after in a bit.

STEP 1:

Clamp brackets into place for mock up.

Hang and test fit the wing until everything lines up and your clearances are good. This process takes time to get it perfect so take your time and get it right the first time. You'll be drilling holes soon thru your mold board so this step is very critical!

Once you get everything lined up, mark your hole locations w/a sharpie.

trkplow 026.jpg

step1.jpg

step2.jpg

step2a.jpg

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  2. millsaps118

STEP2

Make sure you punch the hole locations and have a nice sharp bit and drill your 3/8" holes.......And the big dog. 1 1/8". I used a step bit for the 1 1/8".

step3.jpg

step3a.jpg

step4.jpg

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

thankls for the pics but you have any of backside

4. millsaps118

STEP 3:

Mount your brackets and hardwear, leave everything loose and hang your wing. Your going to make some adjustment to get everything allinged.

Once you have it allinged, go ahead and place the rubber flap against the the wing making sure your plow is on a flat level surface.

Mark the back side of the flap as best you can so you can trim out for the cutting edge conture.

I clamped the rubber in a vise and sandwiched it between two 2x4 blocks to reduce movement and vibration while cutting. A sawzall will do the trick and an angle grinder with a fine pad to shape and smooth out the ruff ends.

step5.jpg

5. millsaps118

Yep still working on posting it......

6. millsaps118

STEP 5:

Once you have everything in place and it looks good, tighten down all your hardware and and your done. Repeat the same process for the opposite side. I flip flopped pics in the post but you get the idea.

I also painted all my hardware to match and to give a little protection.

I also added washers to the face of the brackets and the back sides with the locking washer, the instructions didn't suggest this so I did it anyway for more surface contact with the bolt head to the bracket.

I will also be cutting the large plate for the main pin so it sit's square on the back of the mold board and adding some more washer to take up the play.

If you do this, I recommend that you still follow the instructions and use what I posted as a guide!!!! Your application for your plow might be a little different.

step6.jpg

paintedhrdwr2.jpg

painthrdwr1.jpg

addingwshrfrtbrkt.jpg

step7final.jpg

7. millsaps118

AFTER......

A little test run, seems to work good......You might be able to see the gap on the left side where the rubber is off the ground by about 1/4", I'll have to do a little adjustment to get her to sit flat.

Enjoy..... and hope this was helpfull.:drinkup:

testplowwings.jpg

step7afinal.jpg

8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Looks good!

Nice Job!

9. millsaps118

A couple other angles..........

sideview1.jpg

sideview3.jpg

10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Very nice job. :drinkup: The info and pictures are a great addition to help others out.

11. millsaps118

Thanks fellas'....

Just noticed I posted STEP 1, 2, 3, & 5. 5 should have been 4, the final step to my post. Oooooops..................

12. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Git R Done

13. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

thanks very much mills they should make this a sticky somewhere on here:nod:

14. Bowtytek

Bowtytek Member
    from Maine

Wings look good--much easier to install than the tall ones I did on my bosses plow (no pun intended). One question, what stops that style wing from pivoting around? I noticed in one of the pics that you have it pivoted around to show the bolts. Is this a normal operation?

15. millsaps118

Look at the pic showing the back side of the plow.... where that square black plate is. Now, on the back side of the wing there is a solid steel pin that is welded on, that pin goes through the mold board (1 1/8" hole drilled, shown with the brackets on) and the square plate goes on for added reenforcement and all you do is slide in a cotter clip.

16. Bowtytek

Bowtytek Member
    from Maine

now i see it, that is a pretty slick set up. Where did you get them and how much if you don't mind me asking. Are those from Boss or a universal setup. I am thinking about some wings to knock down banks on a couple of between storms so I have room to put the next storm and was thinking about have some fabbed up. Those look like they will do the trick if I left the cutting edge off. If they cost too much, then maybe next year on the next truck/plow setup.

The reason for knocking down the banks is that there is curbing all the way around the drive so I can't push it back like normal. Right now I put the wheels on the other side of the curb as long as everything is frozen, but don't like doing that. Thanks again for the info. That's what I like about this site, find stuff you didn't think was available.

17. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i got mine from centralparts.com $211 shipped those are the pro wings. make sure they fit your model plow

18. millsaps118

These are the PRO WINGS from BUYERS. Universal to a point, U should still check to see if they will work on your plow.....what ru running? I bought these from Northern Tool online. $50 off right now (I think), they cost me under $200 shipped.

I went from 8'2" to 10'2" with this set up. U may be able to get more or less depending on your application.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007