1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro-Wings in Alaska

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Crumm, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I am still wanting to get a set of Pro-Wings. Like I said a year ago in THIS THREAD it would cost me $140.75 in shipping to get a set of $165 Pro-Wings. Has anyone ever seen a phone number or a web site for Pro-Wing? I want to contact them so I can find out if they have a dealer up here. If they don't have a dealer up here are there any other people here in Alaska that want a set? I see we can get them for $155 a set if we buy six sets. We could then get them shipped truck freight rather than UPS and possibly save a buck or two.

2. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I can ship them to jeunou (sp) Alaska for < $60 with USPS I can pick ya up a set and ship them to ya if you want, let me know pumpkin:

3. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

Hey Crumm, I was also considering wings. Not sure if the Pro-Wings would work on the Poly Plow. Also, looks like some welding is involved in the install. I would lilkey not be able to install these myself. :help:

The Boss dealer in Anchorage said they could put me a set of wings on for $250 (installed).....didn't say what kind.

I'm thinking seriously about wings now. That 15" dump we got yesterday had me waisting my time with little trails all over the lot. Did a lot of stacking and cleaning up trails. I think wings would cut my time in half. :nod:

4. Guy

Guy Member
    from Alaska

I get a pretty good discount with Roadway thru my job. Freight on a used 4cyl engine from Washington is about $100. Maybe we can split the cost. Even more savings if we let it ride with a customers order, LOL, he'd be paying most of it.

5. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

Wow! $100 freight for an engine.....that's pretty good :waving:

I have a retail store in my restaurant and get eaten alive with freight charges.

I think you can put pro-wings on a poly plow,,,,seems like I read a post somewhere where someone had done it.....

What's up with our weather? Man.....one day it's 0 deg and the next it's 40 deg. :dizzy:

John

6. Guy

Guy Member
    from Alaska

Well, the link in the 1st post in this thread shows 'em on a poly plow.
    It was a short winter for sure, LOL.
    As far as freight, Northern Consolidators always had good prices too.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  7. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Nate thoes boys are in Fairbanks not Juneau. but freight should be about the sams.
    I could use a set of Timberns (sp) for the back of a 94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI 137" wb w/automatic. do you have them in stock and $

twhall@gci.net

Dwan

8. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Guy, when were you planning on shipping the engine? Is the $100 for the engine to Anchorage? I would still need to get the wings to Fairbanks. I was thinking that if I can't get them to my door for less than $200 ($165 wings, $35 shipping) I am just going to build some. Too bad there isn't a dealer here.

9. Guy

Guy Member
    from Alaska

ups ground buys about 95lbs from Anch to Fbks.
    Engine? Dunno, whenever a customer orders a used one... could be weeks.
    I called trailercraft, and they make their own weld-on type.

10. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Doesn't Bobs Services handle them?He handles just about everything else.

Dwan