1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro-Wings Help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Big John, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Big John

Big John Junior Member

Received my nice new Pro-Wings with no installation instructions. Had them faxed to me by the supplier and got partial instructions and a parts list.

Does anyone have a full set of instructions they could email me? Would be greatly appreciated.

stephensproperty@verizon.net

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try the manufacturers web site they may have instructions to download. Or other sites that sell prowings might have them too. Like millsupply.com , centralparts.com etc. Or add a post to this thread on what your questions are.

3. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

The factory instructions are not very helpful. Just get some vice grips and clamp the 2 brackets on the face of the blade and install the wing on the 2 brackets directly over the scraper bar make sure that the wings swing freely and drill away.
    1 tip for the big hole. If you don't have a big enough drill bit then draw a line around the pin where the hole is supposed to be on the blade and drill out the perimiter with a bunch of small holes then punch out the hole with a hammer then smooth it out with a file.
    you should also read this thread on pro wings bending.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15183
    I welded some metal to the back of mine on my old truck.
    You are going to like them alot more of you don't bend them.
    And take them off when you are going down the road if you are over the legal width.

4. Big John

Big John Junior Member

Thanks for the info! After thinking about it I figured it wouldn't be to hard to mount them. I think I'll beef them up as suggested as well.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2004