1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings??? Good or Bad

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by kj330, Dec 2, 2009.

1. kj330

kj330 Member

I just recieved a set of Pro Wings for my 8' MM2. I understand what they do and i think they will work great for my parking lots...BUT i had no idea that they where made of such thin material. I was shocked when i took them out of the box. Do these actually last?????????????? I am generally a very cautous plow operator.

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

work good but i am from jersey:rolleyes:

3. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

they'll be toast by the end of the season. we run them and they get the hell beat out of them. We're pushing ours with quarter tons too. I wouldn't plow without them though, we save so much time they more than pay for themselves.

4. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I've had mine for 3 years . I love them . if i go off the drive I have 10" before I tear up the grass . If I have to straight plow it cups the snow . ya they don't last I've welded mine .

5. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

6. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

7. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I would not plow with out them.

Mine bent on the edges and lost a few rubber cutting edges but once I added some metal behind the rubber it was fine.

8. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

They're great time savers- You'll love them. Go easy on the curbs and you'll be fine. Pick up an extra set of rubbers and replace the washers with the biggest ones you can find and don't tighten the bolts down too much. Good luck-:drinkup:

9. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Now see everyone here likes them.... i think i wasted my money on them last year and haven't decided if i want to straighten them out and try them again...

10. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

What he said. ^
    I run urethane edges on them instead of the rubber. 100 times stronger and they will last as long as the plow's cutting edge will. I also put huge washers on them and I drill a third bolt hole near the inside upper corner of each wing also.

11. zeek

zeek Member

any pics??? i'd like to see the added bolts and edge

12. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Here are a few pics of a new set I just put on my Curtis. Notice the third bolt, the large washers, and the thicker edges. These are 2" thick urethane edges.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This last pic shows the pathetic rubber edges they come with.

[​IMG]

13. zeek

zeek Member

looks good thanks

14. harddock

harddock Member
    from mass

Mine have been bent back and forth over a dozen times but I would rather bend a wing than break a plow. I think you might just have to accept replacing them annually. For me it is worth a new set for the time savings.