1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings for Fisher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jayman3, Aug 19, 2008.

1. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Was just wondering if anybody could lead me in the right direction on these are they only for western plows,do they work good.Just bough a 05 f350 drw and I only have a 8HD MM2

2. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

Not sure about a fisher, but we have used them on meyers and westerns. Putting them on a 8 foot MM1 this year so we will find out!!

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure you can run the pro's on most any plow no matter what the brand. Even poly blades with a bit of extra fab work.

4. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

That is great news do you guys think this will solve my problem,does anybody have a website that I could check out.

5. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

one thing to keep in mind..

how is the blade going to trip? u have a trip edge plow,.... if you put them on, i would make sure you use rubber or poly instead of steel on the edge

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pro wings (as well as most add on wings) use rubber edges. Doesn't affect the trip edge equipped plows one bit. Same with box wings as well.

Jayman if you search around a little there's plenty of pics here of plows with aftermarket wings on them for reference.

7. elite1msmith

from chicago

i was under the impresstion that he ment the use of the "western contractor pro wings" as an add on , which use a steel i think?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Could be elite...but he said "Pro wings" which is the name for the universal aftermarket wings. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Not steel, poly/rubber edges.

9. elite1msmith

from chicago

i didnt know they were called pro-wings for the aftermarket, like i said i thought he was refuring to the wester wings as he stated western in his above statement,

and for some reason, i thought the western ones did have steel , and in fact at least it apprears that way in the pic on the wesite... might not be, ????

but ur right i know for sure the after market ones are rubber

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  10. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

western pro plus wings use rubber edges

11. elite1msmith

from chicago

:drinkup:...well there u have it , i was incorrect

12. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Yes I was refering to the aftermarket ones ,I had only seen them on westurns,I am trying to find some here but nothing yet does anybody have pics,are they hard to install

13. elite1msmith

from chicago

no , but u do need a tourch set up

14. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

That is no problem got em in the garage,guess looking for a place to buy them in Canada any suggestions