1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings Edge Position

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FordFisherman, Jan 6, 2008.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Just installed a set of pro wings- Seems like the rubber edge will be more effective if it lays in front of the plows cutting edge instead of behind. Anyone run into a similar situation?

2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Thanks Runner- The directions arent real specific on this point. It seems like the rubber would curl back easily if not against the blade. How do yours work?

4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

It seems like it would,...but it really doesn't. Even after they are wore out and softer, they still clean rather well. The majority of the power of the wings is not so so much in the outer edge scraping ability, but in the overall carrying capacity of a full plow.

5. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Quicky for you. Do you guys drill the holes in the rubber 3/4 inch like the directions say or 1/2 inch like the bolts are? Will be installing mine today so just wanted to make sure. Thanks in advance

6. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I remember tapping the bolts part way through to get the nuts started, so whatever size that is.... I then just used the impact to pull them the rest of the way through. Remember....don't overtighten these bolts so they are clinching into the rubber. It is unnecessary and just adds stress to the rubber. Use some nice big washers on the front, too. The larger, the better. I hope this helps.