1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings & Boss V Blade?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by spacolee, Jan 6, 2005.

1. spacolee

spacolee Member
    from canada

Has anyone ever put Pro wings on a 8.2 V blade plow? I went on Ebay and found some but someone told me it is not recommended to put them on a V blade. also where can I Buy some.
    By the way Where I live are we ever getting snow so far 14" and are calling for more. That is why I am looking for Pro wings.

2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

No, that is something you probably don't want to do.

You will get ALL of your accounts done in roughly half the time. Everyone will call you a slacker because while they are plowing, you are loafing around the IHOP at 5 am.

You will have to find SOMETHING to do with ALL this extra money. Talk about a PITA...

ALL the Blizzard guys will hate you because you accomplished for $189.00 extra what they did for $4000.00.

You'll save money on fuel. THAT'S AWFUL, that profit thing.

You'll still have your Vee plow. THAT would suck.

You'll still have a straight blade. That would be worse. Jeez.

You'll get some sleep between events. Horrible.

You won't believe the size of the scoop you can make, in the neighborhood of 9 feet for your equipment.

Why on earth would you want a wider plow?

That would be stupid.

3. DuallyVette

DuallyVette Member

I bought some wings at your recommendation. I loved my V plow when I first used it. Now it will be even better.

4. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

the rubber that comes on the wings kinda sucks and tears. Urathane is "suppose" to be the answer. duno I havent ran that. rand a straight with wings. I am thinking of getting or making wings for my truck but am worried about tripping since my blade is a trip edge. wonder how it would work? I suppose i just have 8" of soft rubber or urathane that would have 0 effective tripping so I guess it couldnt be that bad.

9'6" blade with wings. Schweeeeet. Blizzard guys say go wide right :nod:

5. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Hey ratlover were can u get the urathane one's.One of my rubber edges ripped from the real heavy wet snow we had here yesterday

6. ratlover

from IL

any of the guys that sell urathane. there are some vendors here like Dino. you might even get em cheap if they have some scraps that will work

7. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

ratlover is 100% correct. I am sorry, I never specified the mod required.

Yes, use a scrap piece of U-Edge and mabey reinforce it with a piece of steel or whatever on the backside of the Pro Wing to stiffen up the scraping action of the wing. Also make sure you get a big enough hunk to extend the U-Edge an inch or so past the end of the wing for curb protection.

Sorry guys. Thank you, ratlover.

8. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

ratlover,

That Fisher will be close to 12 feet wide when you get it done.

THAT is awesome!

9. ratlover

from IL

The blizzard guys will be jealous :p hehehe J/K

Anybody have experience running wings on a trip edge plow doing comercial? This is my only hang up. The stiffer urathane may hurt me.....might go with the flimsy rubber and just keep a bunch of peices on hand.

I like how they angle forward a bit and let you really take a wide bite without spilling over :nod:

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Does anyone have pictures of these mounted on their plow? I bought a 9'6" Fisher V this year and love it. I would like something for windrowing though. I have sides on my 9' Arctic and it moves a ton of snow and I don't get paid by the hour.