1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings any one use them?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by J HIsch, Nov 30, 2003.

?

Pro Wings or not

1. Yes Pro Wings

20 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No Pro Wings

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Dont know

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. J HIsch

J HIsch Member

I was wondering about Pro Wings. If anyone has used them? If so what did you think of them. Did it limit your long pushing ability or help it?

any info would be helpful

2. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

Works fine for us, we got a set last year and I saw a big improvement over just using a straight blade. We had no probs windrowing great for stacking snow too. Made cleanups a breeze.

Bob :D :D :D

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

4. LocalTouch

LocalTouch Junior Member
    from Ohio

I bought 2 sets of pro wings this year. I think they are worth every bit of money I bought them for. Installation is pretty easy. And I noticed a large reduction in time plowing. About taking long runs with them on, I think snow builds up if you keep the blade straight, then again we had a very slushy snow, which is very heavy. Also I was only plowing in 2 whl drive with my F250. Didnt really need 4 wheel. I would definetly recommend a set for you. Weather you have large accounts or small, I think they help for both. Any other questions PM or email me. I think wings are so helpful, they should be sold on plows when they are new!!!!

5. ive had a set on my one ton dump for going on its third year, i dont know what id do without em on some of the big lots, WELL WORTH THE MONEY!

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

can you get pro wings for a 7.5 straight boss ???

7. dont quote me on it, id contact boss, but i believe the way the wings are set up is that it will fit any plow. i will try to look at my boss 8.5' that shound be almost the same. i have the wings on my 8' meyers.

8. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

thanks Kent

9. slowpoke

slowpoke Member

I've been considering wings for a few years. When I bought the new plow I decided to add the pro wings. WOW, WOW and TRIPLE WOW. They work as well as if not better than advertised. While neither of the two storms this weekend was killer depth. The Friday/Saturday event was heavy with rain mix which usually makes for a sloppy job and lots of cleanup.

I did my entire route in a conservative 25% less time than before. You can angle and take almost a full blade with no roll off. Like others said, windrowing is easy and cleanup is a snap.

I thought I'd have to remove them to go between jobs, but I never had a problem.

I did change the original washers to larger fender washers to prevent the bolt heads from popping through the rubber when you encounter an occasional curb. Try as you might you will grab something once in awhile. The larger washers work great.

I even left them on for the driveways when backdragging.

I wish I had bought them a couple of years ago for the old rig.

Good Luck

10. LLS-turfman

LLS-turfman Junior Member

eyesell, I put pro wings on my 8.5 Boss blade, you will have to make a modification to the wings. The Boss blades have a box channel on the back side that Western's don't, so you need to make the stub longer that goes thru the blade. also drill your hole at a slight angle thru the blade. Ron

11. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

LSS

Have any pic's you can post or e-mail to me ??

Thanks
    Frank

12. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I have been considering getting a set for a while now.My only issue is i have a couple small driveways that my 8 foot plow just fits now, with wings i think i would be digging up grass.

13. slowpoke

slowpoke Member

JT5109

I was concerned about the narrow drive also, but the rubber edge of the prow wings rides right on top of the grass when back dragging and pushing.

The nice thing is they are very "gentle" with rocks and borders

14. the wings arent that hard at all to put on and take off, if i dont need them for smaller drives, i take em off, about 30 seconds to take one off, VERY simple, then you dont ahve to worry about being to wide

15. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

plow wings

Are they after market or can I get them from Western?
    And do you have to drill through the plow ?
    Does anyone have pics from the back side of plow.

16. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

plow wings

Are they after market or can I get them from Western?
    And do you have to drill through the plow ?
    Does anyone have pics from the back side of plow.

17. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Bought them last year, love them, save me about 30% in time at one contract alone and so I got my money back in 1.5 events at that site.

18. J HIsch

J HIsch Member

Pro wings

Hollywood pro wings are not recommended for your plow. However power scoops are. they are nicer for the larger plows but they run about 325.00 set.

19. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

J HISCH

What are power scoops ? Are they similar? And who makes them or a web site . thanks

20. J HIsch

J HIsch Member

Power scoops

Power sccops are sides that attatch to your plow. Making it like a bucket, it helps reduce the run off of the plow. They are also removable. go to www.discountsnowplowparts.com they are in the mill supply catalog call them at 1-800-888-5072