1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings and Poly Edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by john r, Dec 18, 2001.

1. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

For those of you who installed this combination, how did you approach it? Did you mount the poly edge then the Pro wings first or the Pro wings then the poly edge first or both at the same time?
    About how many hours of plowing have you done you done after install? Any concerns?
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i have had wings on my plows for a few years now but when i got a poly edge i went about it with the edge installed first then i modified the wings to also fit over the edge
  4. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I put about 140+ hours on one plow w\ U-edge and wings (wings were probably on 90% of the time) & around 100 hours on another plow with U-edge & wings (with wings on probably around 70% of the time) last season. No concerns. Actually one concern. The rubber on the wings wears out much faster than the U-edge so this year I've installed Urethane on the wings too. Hopefully I'll get to see how that works out.