1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings and plowing roads.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JohnsonLawn, Feb 3, 2008.

1. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn Member

Hey guys, I have a 8' fisher conventional on my 92 K3500 and I use this rig to plow for the town as well as 15 residentials. My questions is are Pro Wings used mainly for parking lots and driveways or do they work well for roads as well. Does the snow still roll off the plow well and do they put alot more load on the truck. Any info in appreciated. Thanks

2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

It doesn't roll off quite as well, if you only do roads, then no, probably not as useful
    But if you do a mixture, then definately useful.
    If it's real tall and heavy, just take the one outside side off (1 minute) and let it roll that way.

I do roads, not an issue.
    and HUGE postive impact on parking lots

3. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn Member

Cowboy, my thought was it is an easy way to gain some width on the blade, which should save time and my save a few passes on narrower roads. Thanks

4. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

One pro wing on the left side would probably be great for plowing roads. It will only add a little actual width to the blade but will add a lot of useable width because you can use the whole blade width without run-off.

5. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Yes they work for rolling long runs. They DO hold a bit more snow for this application, but they only hold so much before it starts rowing out. It doesn't build and build until the truck cannot push it. The extra with of the row more than make up for the bit of extra being carried in front. Just make sure you have the optimum angle for the size of the piled row and the snow conditions (wetter, stickier snow will tend to build and then roll out of your leading edge quicker). The one nice thing about having the wing on your leading edge, is that it give you a sharper angle both for initial cut, but mostly or less leaking out you leading edge.wesport