1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro wing replacement rubber

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by millsaps118, Nov 26, 2008.

1. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

Anyone know where to get replacement rubber for Pro Wings? Are there any other alternatives besides rubber?

I use 'em on my Boss V that has the curb guard so I'll have to be able to trim the replacement to get it to fit shown in the pic.

pro wing.jpg

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

wings

:salute:i found cpw on top of the page can provide urethane edges but you have to call them their not on the web site

3. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Buyers part # 0020500 lists for $27.00 each.

4. millsaps118

Thanx for the info. I'd be interested in the urethane, seem like they would hold up a lot better. The rubber gets so beat up after a few times and tear really easily. At $27 a pop I think that the extra $ for the urethane would be a better way to go.

5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I've heard of guys cutting up old truck tires and using them; they supposedly hold up well. If you use the regular rubber replacements, try putting the biggest washers you can find on the thru bolts and don't sock them down too tight. I replaced all the fasteners with lockwashers and locknuts also.

6. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

iuse 1'' thick plastic as they hold up much better and scrape to the concrete. My rubber ripped off the first nite from being bent it -10 degrees in the first 20 minutes. i can post a pic if needed.

7. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

I don't have the prowings, made my own,but I used the sidewall rubber out of an old loader tire. Free and it works great. A little redneck though.

8. celtichaze

celtichaze Junior Member

you can try angelos supplies they have the prowings and i think the replacement rubbers are around $10-$15 each

9. millsaps118

Just ordered a set from them last week.