1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wing pictures wanted

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Crumm, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I have heard a lot about pro wings. They sound like a great deal. I have read all the posts that came up on a pro wing search. I still have not seen a pro wing up close in a picture. I hear they can be removed easily. How do they come off? They sound like they would cut my plowing time down since I pile more than plow. I have looked at different dealers on the net and found prices but I am looking for pictures of how they are mounted.

2. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I have seen this picture but it doesn't show the mounting.

ac.wing.jpg

3. JMR

JMR Senior Member

I have them on both a 7.5 Meyer poly & a 7.5 Meyer steel. I will take pictures of both later today or tomorrow and post. They take about 30 seconds per side to remove or install.

4. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Thanks.. I will check back this evening.:nod:

5. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Meyer poly, Pro wing mounting pic's

wing mount poly 1.jpg

6. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Another Pic

wing mount poly 2.jpg

7. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Last one. These are all of the poly blade. One the steel blades the brackets are bolted right to the moldboard and then through bracing rib on the frame. I welded them to the frame on the poly. I suppose it could be done this way too on the steel. I will get pic's of the mounting on the steel frame if you need them.

wing mount poly 3.jpg

8. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

hey good pics from the back could you possibly give us some from the front. Thanks

9. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Thanks for the pictures. They give me a good idea how they mount up. Shipping to Alaska would cost me a fortune from one of the on-line dealers. Anyone know the phone number or e-mail address for pro-wing. I would like to contact them and find out if they have a dealer in Alaska. Thanks again.

10. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

Hey Crumm,

Good luck finding a dealer here in Alaska that sells them.. I haven't seen any on plows here in Anchorage either.. And you KNOW the idiots will want to send it 2nd Day FedEx from outside.. Man I really hate that.

If you find a dealer here in Anchorage and need my help, just let me know.

Paul

P.S. How's my truck doin?? hehe..

11. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

My Pro-Wing mounts on a 7.5 Meyers Poly.

vivatar 021.jpg

12. JMR

JMR Senior Member

The front side picture looks exactly like the pro wing ad photo. See picture in second post from top of this thread. Try Angeleo's for the Pro wings. I believe their price is $165 plus freight. Their only service has a freight calculator built in to it. You choose the freight service, type in your zip and it calculates the freight. Worth a try. Once you get wings you will wonder how you ever plowed without them.

13. Manx

Manx Senior Member

Thanx JMR for the pic's
    I think I'll go with the pro wings

Angeleo's is a mile down the street from me

14. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Web site address??? Thanks....

15. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

16. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Ouch... Like I thought I need a Alaska dealer. The wings at Angelos are $165 but the shipping to Alaska is $140.65 makes a total of $305.75. Thats more than I have into my whole plow.

17. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

And I'll bet they'll only ship 2nd day right Crumm??

Note to Lower 48 Suppliers:

The U.S. Post Office does an OUTSTANDING job of delivering mail to Alaska. We don't mind waiting a few extra days!!

I usually find another outlet and pay a little more for the product and a lot less for shipping if they'll do it thru USPS.

Paul

18. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

You got it just like everyone else down there. UPS only does next day and second day air to Alaska and like you said most suppliers will not ship USPS.

I was thinking about the wings during my trip tonight and think I will just build some. I have all the tools to do it. I will just need to go down to the steel place and to Alaska rubber. It would be nicer to just buy a set and save a little time but $305.75 is way too much.

19. t4dodge

t4dodge Member

Maybe some trusting fellow plower will buy them for you locally, and USPS them to you?!?!

20. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I would be willing to get them to ya, I go to angelos once a week so thats not a problem

let me know
    Nate~