1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wing installation

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by LIBERTYLANDSCAP, Nov 29, 2008.

1. LIBERTYLANDSCAP

LIBERTYLANDSCAP Member

I'm putting pro wings on my Western 7.5 steel blade. Those of you that have done it-Whats the best way to cut the 11/8" hole for the pin to fit through. I don't have a torch handy to blow through it......

Thanks

2. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

hole saw on a drill

3. LIBERTYLANDSCAP

LIBERTYLANDSCAP Member

A regular wood hole saw?

4. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

nope- you need a HSS (high speed steel) bit. Be sure & use LOTS of cutting oil or you'll dull the piss out of the blade teeth. I tried using a bigger drill bit & got no where- for me I use my handy cutting torch.

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

A Bi-metal hole saw works just fine, little bit of oil and dont force it.

6. LIBERTYLANDSCAP

LIBERTYLANDSCAP Member

Where would I be able to purchase one of those?

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Hardware store.

8. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

Use a Step Bit, looks like a cone, it won't catch and twist the drill like a regular bit will. If you use a torch, when you remove the wings the hole will look awful, and the heat burns the surrounding paint.

9. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

X2................ Definitely the way to go. Here's kind of a step-by-step I did last year. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=53191