1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wing install help please

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lbilawncare, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

I have a set of Buyers Pro Wings for my 7 1/2 Western Ultramount and the instructions got misplaced. Could someone please tell me what the measurements are, I don't want to risk putting a hole in the wrong spot by guessing. Thanks

2. Lbilawncare

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Just mount the hinges on the sides and then put the wings on and then you can tell where the hole needs to be in the moldboard. As a side note , be sure you have a new cutting edge on when you set the wing mounting height.

4. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

give me your email address or if you have a fax number
    ill send you the direction

5. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

page1
    john

6. Ian

Ian Member

Got the sheet right here in front of me. The hole is 8 1/2 inches from the end of the blade. Measure up the blade starting at the top of the cutting edge. Push the tape measure against the plow blade so as to follow the curve. It is 9 5/8 up. They say to make the hole 1 1/8. I used a plasma cutter and made a nice clean cut. I ended up enlarging the hole slightly so the wing will rotate freely into and out of the hole while pivoting on the hinge pins.

Locating the hinges onto the blade is pretty straight forward. They can be bolted or welded on. I bolted mine on. There should be a couple of longer 3/8 in. bolts left over, they are for use with a meyer plow. The bolts for the rubber edges just use a regular nut and a lock washer, I decided to use a self locking nylock instead.

Be sure to set the blade down on a flat surface when marking for the rubber edge attachment holes. The rubber drills easy.

7. Lbilawncare

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

8. jokatico

jokatico Junior Member
    from Maine

I just had my pro-wings installed yesterday. We messed up putting on the rubber edges. The plow was not on the truck when I put them on so now they do not sit flush to the ground or the plow edge. Do you think if I flipped the rubbers over and drilled new holes this would work. I know the rubbers is pretty thick, but I don't want them to tear.

9. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Yea just flip them over and re-drill. I did that with mine after a couple of years to extend the service life.

10. jokatico

jokatico Junior Member
    from Maine

Thanks. I'll try that in the next couple days, when the weather gets above 0. I think I will also buy a spare set, they probably don't cost to much.