1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pro wing help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by FIREMAN Q, Oct 2, 2005.

1. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

just picked up a set of wings, thanks again joe, I need to get the installation instructions. i haven't been able to find them on the net. i may not be looking in the right place but if someone has them or knows where i could find them i would appreciate it greatly.

2. ksb250

ksb250 Junior Member
    from pa

3. Plowlikehell

Plowlikehell Member

Here is the instructions from my Buyers plow wings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

Dont mean to hijack your thread Fireman, this info is useful to me as well, however I have an additional question for any that has done this. Now that I have a better understanding of how the pro wings install, I was thinking about getting a set for my NON pro blade. Welding/fabricating a mount system for them. Anyone done this before? have pics they could share?

Since the weathers expected to be warm the next few days, I think I might try to get it done this week.

5. Ian

Ian Member

Fireman,

I found that to get my wing to go into and out of the hole in the blade face I had to go a little larger than 1 1/8. I used a plasma cutter to increase the size.

Perficut,

I am not sure what you mean by a NON Pro blade. They are designed or can be easily made to fit on any blade with a metal mold board. They can even go on a ploy blade with a little more work.

Dollar for dollar, they are simply the biggest improvement you can make for a straight blade. I think they seriously cut my time on site by half and I am pretty picky about how my plowed area looks when I am through.

Ian

6. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

Questions after install

thanks for the help guys. I was able to put them on and they do work great. I used a bi-metal hole saw and it worked great. Now I have another question. I am trying to search the site for some pics but can only find a couple. Are the rubber blades supposed to sit behind and up tight with the cutting edge or is the rubber supposed to sit on the cutting edge. I have found pics of both.

My initial thought was that the rubber next to the cutting edge left a small gap and thought it would create a few trailers.

thanks again for all the help. I can't believe how much difference the wings made. It was well worth the two holes in the mold board.

:drinkup:

7. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

"Are the rubber blades supposed to sit behind and up tight with the cutting edge or is the rubber supposed to sit on the cutting edge"

Mine sit "behind and up tight" and do not leave any trailers.