1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wing Durability

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by iski3d, Jan 17, 2004.

1. iski3d

iski3d Junior Member

How do the pro wings hold up when used on say gravel driveways, or places where your blade would normally trip. I have a fisher and it soemtimes trips on say gravel driveways and im wondering how wings would hold up in areas that are rough enough to trip my plow. thanks!

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

They handle great. They do not interfere with the blade tripping at all if installed correctly. Since you will be pushing more snow with them on, the balde may tend to trip a bit easier but you will soon learn the new characteristics and accomodate. I found out when I used the wings I cut my plowing time down by almost 1/3. Especially in the more wet snow.

Also, the pro-wings have a rubber scraper. If you come across a piece of debris sticking out of the driveway the rubber folds right over it. It is still stiff enough to move some snow though. Absolutely the very best $200.00 I have ever spent in my 12 years of plowing.

3. noclevername

noclevername Member

I've got Pro Wings mounted on my Fisher 8' plow. I only have a couple of gravel drives left (thank goodness) but because of the rubber cutting edges on the pro wings, they (the steel part of the wings) aren't really subjected to much when the trip edge trips. I'd be more concerned of lateral damage like hitting curbs or walls with the wings because they are rigidly mounted to the blade and there is no "give".

4. iski3d

iski3d Junior Member

They sound god guys! One more question, where did you order them from? Thanks!

5. noclevername

noclevername Member

6. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I got mine from Northern Hydraulics. They aslo go by Northern Tool. Do a Google search. They have a mail-order web site.