1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro vs Pro Plus

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cti531, Sep 26, 2010.

1. cti531

cti531 Member

I am in the market for a new plow and am pretty set on Western but am also considering SnowDogg too.

We own a business with a small to medium sized parking lot and I also have about 5 driveways to plow. So obviosuly I am not out there all night beating and banging. Our parking lot takes me an hour or so.

So I probably don't really need the Pro Plus because it sounds like it is made more for contractors who are doing a lot more with it than myself...BUT since it only costs $200 more than a regular Pro plow I have to consider it. Is there any disadvantage to the Pro Plus other than the extra $200?

To me it just seems if your paying $4800 or $5000 it really isn't much difference. So why would anyone buy the regular Pro plow then? Obviosuly there must be a reason that I am not aware of...so I am reaching out to you guys to help me figure it out.

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

The proplus does weigh more so that would be a consideration to what vehicle you are putting it on.

3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

It is heavier. An 8 ft. blade weights 805 lbs. for the Pro Plus. But it has a 31 1/2" moldboard.

4. cti531

cti531 Member

I have a 2006 Chevrolet 2500hd so this should still be OK though, right?

5. NorthernPlowman

NorthernPlowman Member

Is your 2500HD a duramax or 6.0?

6. NorthernPlowman

NorthernPlowman Member

http://www.westernplows.com/specifications.asp?product=pro#view

Here's a link looks like ram arms are 2 inches longer. blade is 2 1/2 inches taller. pro had one shock plus has 2. plus has one extra vertical support bar. pro is 699lbs pro plus is 805lbs. cutting edge is 3/8 pro and 1/2 for the plus. Hope this helps.

7. cti531

cti531 Member

It is the 6.0

8. cti531

cti531 Member

that does help and seems to back up what I was thinking...Looks like a better plow and well worth the extra $200. So far I haven't heard anything not to like other than price.

9. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

A proplus should be fine on that truck, i have one on my F-250 gas. Make sure you get wings too :cool:

10. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

I have both a pro and pro plus. a frame is a lot heavier duty more braces, well worth the money, go with the pro plus not even a question.

11. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

The Pro Plows have a redesigned A frame this year. They are boxed steel instead of angle iron.

Just my .02¢

12. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Pro Plus is the only way to go. Its a much better plow.

13. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

For $200 get the pro plus if/when you decide to sell it I think you would get the money back at that time plus you will have a taller moldboard

14. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

get the pro plus, its an awesome plow, I have a 8'6 and 8'