1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Tube

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by oldsw-31, Jan 1, 2006.

1. oldsw-31

oldsw-31 Member
    from mass

Does anyone have any pictures of it installed. Does anyone have any good detailed pictures of how it looks at the bracket area where it attaches? what size tubing is it?

If someone could give me the detailed specs of the materials used to make it that would be great.

2. GMC2500HD

GMC2500HD Junior Member

I dont have any pics but, stay away from the "stainless" model..I had one and the finish flaked right off of it. It had a timely demise under the track of Hitachi ex 200.. It is a slick setup, pretty stylish with the accessory light mounts...Just my opinion on it but get the Black painted version.

3. Gary Dwinal

Gary Dwinal Senior Member

GMC2500HD,
    It sounds like you received one of a handful of Fisher ProTubes that were shipped in our very first shipment. The first few units were chrome plated carbon steel and had a very poor chrome plating finish on them. We immediately decide to switch to polished grade 304 stainless steel from the chrome plated carbon steel. If you will PM me with your shipping address along with a little more detail (where the unit was purchased), I will ship you out a replacement unit at N/C. I will assure you the polished stainless unit will be more than satisfactory and will look great for many years to come. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Gary Dwinal
    Product Mgr
    Fisher Engineering

4. Gary Dwinal

Gary Dwinal Senior Member

5. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

6. JCStrasser

JCStrasser Member

Think that speaks well for Fisher to step up to the plate for GMC2500HD. Superior companies shine when it comes to standing behind their products.
    Same for my Fisher dealer- have been back a few times for questions about possible problems (long after the warranty had elapsed) and they were happy to help- each time the fix wasn't very involved but they took a few minutes out of their schedule (I avoid snowstorms or just after- figure the commercial guys need help more than me at those times) fixed me up and sent me on my way- no charge!
    Needless to say, they have a lifetime customer.

And a new Stainless ProTube will probably be on the front of my truck in the springtime.

John

7. danno

danno Senior Member

Hey Gary,

That`s really a nice gesture to replace the Protube. Also, by keeping a keen eye for things like this on this site ! :salute:

8. BIGRED1

BIGRED1 Member

Wow!!! Thats customer service. Very glad I stayed with fisher. Now I want one of these protube things for the off season. Anyone have a ballpark on the price range? And can the foglights be wired into the factory fog lights on an 06 HD? ie; use the same switch?

Dennis

9. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

Mine was $250, that was 2 years ago. The fog light can be wired into the stock foglights very easily.
    James

10. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

Topping an oldie here hoping Gary may be able to show me a picture of the Pro Tube on a Ford Super Duty? Thank you.