1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro-Tech pusher paint problem

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by NFDDJS, Nov 5, 2011.

1. NFDDJS

NFDDJS Member
    from USA, NH

I have a 12ft pusher for my CAT 420E backhoe and it works great but I wanted to ask you all if it was just mine or if it is a problems with all of them, the paint doesn't say on the thing. I got it new last year and had to paint it again this year because they paint was coming off in chunks. It was very flaky and was coming off in many areas. Not sure if this is a normal thing or if I just got a bad paint job. Other then that it works great I just dont want to have to paint it once a year. Thanks for your time

2. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

NFDDJS,

Sorry to hear about your problem. We at Pro-Tech stand by our products and will do everything in our power to right a situation where our products do not meet expectations. Pro-Tech's combination of primer and top coat results in a superior corrosion resistant finish, which has been independently verified by our paint manufacturer using a 1,000 hour salt test. Most companies only test using a 500 hour salt test.

Please contact us at 888-787-4766 and ask for Chris Muto our Sales Operations Manager. Chris will be awaiting your phone call and is happy to help.

Thanks for being a Pro-Tech customer. We look forward to coming up with the solution for this issue.

3. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Maybe it was a bad batch of paint, Mine has been pushing snow for years and hasn't pealed at all.

4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

you should have called them first...they back their products well.....would have saved you the work!

5. cjm8232

cjm8232 Member

@NFDDJS Just wondering if you have had a chance to call us here at Pro-Tech? We would love to look into your concern. Thank you for being a Pro-Tech customer.

6. NFDDJS

NFDDJS Member
    from USA, NH

It has been a busy two weeks, I would have called right away but wanted to see if this was a normal problem. I did call him today and leave a voice mail so I am sure he will get back to me soon. I have only used it once this year with this last storm in October and no paint was coming off. I primed it before I painted it again this time and it is looking good as of right now... Other then that is has been great and I am looking at buying a loader right now and I think I will be going with another Pro-Tech again, the rubber seems to last twice along as other pushers with rubber edges. Have a great Holiday!!!

7. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

NFDDJS,

Glad to hear you are considering purchasing another Pro-Tech Sno Pusher. If you like check out this video. It provides some great details on why our rubber is the best in the industry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_NS48rWV0g