1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro-Tech push box on a CAT 420E backhoe

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by NFDDJS, Dec 3, 2010.

NFDDJS Member
    from USA, NH

I am looking at a Pro-Tech push box with a rubber cutting edge. What size should I go with? I will be plowing a hospital parking lot with and will need to be able to turn while plowing and they will be long pushes. Will the 14ft be to big? I am looking at both the 12ft and 14ft what are your thoughts?
  2. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Stay with a 12 believe me!
  3. JohnRoscoe

JohnRoscoe Senior Member

Another vote for 12! We ran a 416B w/ a 10' and it was plenty for the hoe. 14 would be rough going.
  4. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

NFDDJS, We would have to agree with your colleagues here. A 12' Sno Pusher is going to give you more maneuverability and allow to push a greater distance than a 14'. The last thing you want to do is bog down your machine.

NFDDJS Member
    from USA, NH

Sound like its going to be a no go on buying a Pro- Tech... I talked to my area deal about 2 weeks ago asked if he had any 12ft pusher and he said he had some on order that they would be in today. He did offer to sell me a 14ft with no added cost and thats why I asked the question on the site. After talking to you all I am going with the 12ft and I called him today and they didnt put any 12ft pusher on the truck that they got from Pro-Tech this week. I was told the next truck they are getting this week should have 3 or more on it. My dealer is great and I really like them but if we get snow this thursday or friday like they are saying and I dont have it yet I will have to buy a different one from another dealer in the next city over but it will not be a Pro-Tech. I am hopping they can pull it off and have the truck here before the snow they are thinking they will have one on the 8th but if not I am going to have to jump ship... We will see

NFDDJS Member
    from USA, NH

I did got with the 12ft and really like it but need to come up with away to drop my bucket and just have the pusher on it.
  7. salopez

salopez Senior Member

why? it most likely won't be cost effective