1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Tech IST Doesnt scrape for S*it. Help!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by zlssefi, Jan 29, 2015.

1. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

I have a pro tech IST 14. The older model. We have trouble getting this unit to scrape clean. Once one edge trips it stays in the tripped position giving you about 3/4 inch difference between the two edges as they scrape. Has anyone had the similar problem with theirs?
  2. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

What are you pushing? I've found that with heavy wet snow it forces the poly to bend back from the weight causing the edges to wear down faster so that when you are pushing light snow after, they don't roll back leaving a gap. If this is the case. Just crank the bolts down to level it back out.

Also I've had ice between the mold board and plates on the other end of the adjustment bracket force one side lower than the other.

This is just what I've observed with a 16'.
  3. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

I ran a machine with a 10' last year and it was awful. Over the summer the dealer came out and put a whole new updated shoe and trip system on and it works excellent now. I guess start out with making sure it has the updated system...
  4. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

I did see that there is an updated setup on the newer models. Did the dealer charge for installing that? or was it under warranty?
  5. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Snow is likely packing between the edge and moulboard. Springs may also be weak.
  6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

How old of a box is the one you're using? We have an IST10 trip edge a bought in 12/2010.. is that the updated one? Ours seems to work fine. Anyone have pics of the older setups?
  7. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

mine was purchased in 2006 i beleive. I think 2010 would be the updated model. does it have 24" edges? Mine has two 7' edges on a 14 foot model. I was quoted 3200.00 for the upgrade kit. Might as well put that towards a brand new pusher at that price.
  8. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

i demo'd one when they came out, once it tripped i found you need to stop, let it reset and continue....did not try to adjust it, however a little less down pressure seem to reduce the tripping and still gave a good cleaning