1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Tec Compact pusher for skid steer?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by xtreem3d, Oct 21, 2007.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

hi guys,
    here in st. louis we don't really get the 6" snows much anymore so i was wondering if the compact (28" high sides and rear)10ft pusher would suffice for shopping center parking lots and general removal,
    tia,
    steve

2. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

It is ideal for large parking lots and very efficient. Just make sure to have a large skid. An 8 footer might be more reasonable. If you cant get traction it doesnt matter how much the pusher can hold.

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I like them better, ours aren't Protech but they are around 30 " high and you can see over them better. Very seldom does the snow come over top and if it does, who cares. I like the light weight because it's easier on the machine. JMO

4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

yeah..i forgot to mention it's about half (583 lbs) the weight of a "standard" pusher. does anyone know if they are constructed the same also?
    thanks again !

PS this is on an S250