1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pro series unimount screams when angling blade

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by goodlivin33, Dec 26, 2010.

1. goodlivin33

goodlivin33 Senior Member

i have a 7 and a half foot western uni-mount pro series and it has been screaming when i angle the blade and when i go to lift it...it has been doing it for a while now.....but yesterday it was angleing right when i had the position to the left and would not go back to the left...after going up and down and traveling across town it started working right....but still had problems and was squealing a lot any ideas

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

That is kind of weird.........
    sounds like the connector is not making good contact...Check the connector plug(grill 9pin) and make sure it is clean. if not use battery cleaner(spray) and let it sit for a min or two. If you could blow it out with air..Then put electrical grease inside both plugs..Also make sure when you put them back together they are snug....

Is the motor squealing when you move the joy stick, or the plow making noise when your turning it??

3. goodlivin33

it is screaming when i go up down and left right not all the time ...kind of frequently intermittent..when it works it works fine but when it squeals it sounds like it is the motor but i cant see it when im in the truck so im not exactly sure

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you have water in the oil. when enough freezes on the filter it screams do to decreased flow.

5. goodlivin33

i did exactly as you said and i don't know how to thank you i was going to go to the local dealer at 6a.m. even though they don't open till 8 and have them check it out but.....no need problem solved....i took electrical cleaner and presto magic.....it works perfect....thank you ....it has been doing this all year and progressively getting worse and now perfect....thanks a million...

6. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Amazing what battery clean can do..Make sure u use electrical grease on both plugs..

Glad to see your up and running..Safe plowing

7. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

when it gets good and cold again the screaming will start again. change your oil.