1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pro plus with a mind of its own

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by suzuki0702, Feb 3, 2011.

1. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

Hey guys,

lately my 8.6 proplus has been intermintenly turning left when i push the joystick right or left. pretty sure its a sticky valve just not sure which valve controls that direction... When it does do it i have to turn the blade with the truck to get it to function again.

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Her are the valves that control the following

S1=lower
    S2=right angle
    S3=right and left angle

mybad.jpg

Check the "poppet" vales

myinspect.jpg

mybad.jpg

myinspect.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  3. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

nice! thanks twinman, does this sound like a pretty common failure for the ultramount pumps? ive also notice that it will drop reallllly slow when its acting up.

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

question for twinman. which valve makes it go up?

5. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Sounds like a loaded question.

6. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

:nod:.....

7. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

8. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Alright guys, I wrote it on a rush, been in bed for two days, sick. And forgot about the raise. Then to top it off, I took a ride last night, going down the road, couldn't understand why my plow light were shooting down a little low..Get it back home, check the mount, and what do I see.. Who ever had the truck before me never bolt on the formed support to the sides of the rail. Never bolt on the thrust arm to the cross over. Here comes the big one, rip it out the nut bar out of the frame rail.. So today my task is to fix it so I can finish out the season. So here shoot me :gunsfiring:

S1=lower
    S2=right
    S3=RAISE/left