1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Plus Wings

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dan3435, Dec 11, 2006.

1. dan3435

dan3435 Junior Member

I plan on getting a set of the pro plus wings.

I know everyone says they work great, but how durrable are they?

Can you run along a curb with them on?
    What happens if u push straight into a curb?

I dont plan on crashing into curbs all the time but every once in a while it happens:rolleyes:

also what is the going price for the wings?

Thanks for the help:help:
  2. concreteman

concreteman Junior Member

:dizzy: well the pro wings cost $211.00 from mill supply as far as how well they take a hit i'm not sure but they have rubber cutting edge so they may be able to do some curb work i would not want to do any real commercial work with them if thats what u are looking for u may want to get curb guards
  3. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

they work great .We have drivers that abuse them and they have held up well.Get a set and you wont be dissapointed and you cant beat the easy on and off.
  4. Snoflo

Snoflo Member

Pro wings $210.00 at http://www.ealandscapesupply.com/accessories.htm just a note they are not recommended for 8.5' or longer plows.
  5. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

pro-plus wings are only avaivable from western and only fit the pro plus blades from western .The pro plus wings will work on a 9' pro plus blade as we have 3 of them .They dont make aftermarket wings for the pro-plus plows.
  6. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

$220 on ebay w/ free shipping. Would these be good for pushing large wide-open parking lots & using an EZ-V? I push a parking lot that takes me forever & every little inch would be help.
  7. Runner

Runner Senior Member

You guys are talking about two different things. There are Pro Wings (by Buyers), and ther are the Wings that are made and sold by western. The Western wings are much heavier duty, and are MUCH more expensive. The others,...the Prowings are still available for around $180 through J.Thomas and through many local plow supply places.
  8. dan3435

dan3435 Junior Member

Im asking about the western pro plus wings

9. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 Senior Member

WESTERN Pro PLus wings Love them except I am having a problem broke 2 rubber edges in 2 years. Not too bad but but I am in the process of reinforcing them them. ther was an earlier thread last year about reinforcing them. search and I'll try to find it in the next couple of days. Definately a big difference in amount of snow moved. and oh so easy to remove and put on. Though I leave mine on even for resid. If you have any comm of any size you will be glad to have them. 1 thing though. You can get done faster so if you charge by the hour you don't make as much unless you take the 1 you were going to turn down cause you thought your schedule was full:)
  10. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

salopez has them on is 8.5' proplus. He didn't have them on storm and did nothing but ***** about how much longer it was taking him to plow. They defently will save you 20-30% plow time. But since they have such a sharp angle to them. They aren't real good a plowing roads at high speed, since they cut down on the snow roll.

I got them on my 9' proplus to make a 10' plow (aka another $30 an hour too) but I soon will be making a straight right wing for when I am plowing the ring road at the mall we plow.
  11. Sawdust Bob

Sawdust Bob Junior Member
    from Il

Been running pro plus wings for 3 years. I think I paid $310.00 for the pair. They do save you time and I have not had any trouble with damage from bumping any curbs.xysport