1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Plus wings on a Pro plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by William B., Jan 21, 2012.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Has anyone added the factory Pro Plus wings to a Pro plow? A friend of mine would like to add them to his 8 1/2fter. If so I'd like to see some pics so I can get an idea on how the mounting part was done. I know some fab work will be needed but thats not a problem.

2. Ranger429

Ranger429 Member

I just added a set of wings to my 9' pro plow. If you are plowing by the hour leave them off. If your plowing by the push add them. I can't believe the amount of time they have saved plus the additional weight of the wings makes for a cleaner push. As far as mounting my por plow had the factory U tab welded to the plow. The wings install in 2 holes and a pin secures them in place. Well worth the money as far as time saved is concerned.

3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

no, we've never installed Pro Plus wings on a regular pro plow here. I did have a customer who took some once to see if he could make it work, and he ended up bringing them back. There are aftermarket wings available (buyers products PW22) that are for any steel blade. I believe Ranger429 must actually have a Pro Plus plow.
    Neal Redding, Truck Equipment Inc, Des Moines IA