1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pro plus ultramount 2 question.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tjctransport, Sep 17, 2015.

1. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

the new plow, pro plus ultramount 2 has a hand held controller. it "times out" and automatically shuts off after around 10 minutes. then you need to push the power button to turn it back on before anything will work.
    is there any way to disable this feature so it will work like the old meyer touchpad i had, where it only shuts off at key off?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I think it's 20 mins and it's a safety feature

3. Doughboy12

Doughboy12 PlowSite Fanatic

Correct...
    "Automatic Shutdown:
    The control will automatically turn OFF after being idle for 20 minutes. To reactivate the control after a shutdown, press the ON/OFF button."

4. tjctransport

mine times out after ten minutes. how do i make it stay on and only turn off when the key is turned off?
    i can see this being a royal pain in the rear end every time i go to lift the plow or change angle.

5. 1olddogtwo

It's 20 minutes from the last movement

6. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

it does sound annoying but not the end of the world. all you have to do is either play with the plow by tapping a button once every 15 minutes or just hit the power button when you get to where you are going. i noticed this too on my way home when it was installed.

i also noticed a decent lag between hitting a button and actual movement in the plow. that is certainly going to annoy me more than it shutting itself off.

7. Plowin Dodge

Plowin Dodge Member

Mine does that to with a joystick, just hit the button a second earlier.It doesn't time out though. Hey tjc could you measure the height of your cutting edge I want to see if it's worth buying a new one .Thanks Jeff

8. 1olddogtwo

Should be 6 inches new.

9. tjctransport

yup, 6 inches.
    i replace the edge when it gets 1 inch from the board on the meyer pows