1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pro plus slow angle right

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by sno commander, Jan 2, 2011.

1. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

so lately my pro plus has been giving me some problems. last storm i was just pushing out my driveway to go out and the plow wouldnt move. the motor ran just couldnt get a function. i thought maybe the fluid had some ice in it so i heated the pump up with a heat gun and it ran fine for the rest of the day. next morning it did the same thing. so i changed the fluid again cleaned the pickup screen and drained all the fluid out. now everything works great execpt once in a while it has a hard time angling right. the motor runs but the plow moves very slow or sometimes not at all.its like its sucking air but the angle holds tight, then if i hit the raise button then angle right its fine again. id say 90% of the time it does what its suppose to. any ideas? im thinking maybe the s2 valve is getting stuck

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Either the S2 is giving you problems and I would check it out..Did you check the wire connected to the S2 valve for connection problem?

Is the connector plug clean and grease?

3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

well i put a new s2 in and still not right, i checked the s2 when it wouldnt angle right and i was getting 12v to the coil so i investigated a little more and dicided to take the poppet valve out. as soon as i grabbed it with the magnet there was a metal chip stuck to it, so i got all the crap out tried it and it worked better. as soon as it gave me trouble i took the poppet out again and more metal crap came out. i did this a few times and i went left and right about 100 times and it worked great. i must have had a few particles in between the catridge and the poppet valve. and with the pickup and return screened on these plows it never really gets to the magnet in the resevoir.

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

If the poppet valve still acting up, I would replace it and check the passage way to make sure there no foreign material, or even a sliver of metal in the passage way.

I know sometimes the pick does have a habit of falling off and laying inside the canister.....

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011