1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Plus sinks down

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rwilimo, Jan 6, 2014.

1. rwilimo

rwilimo Member

Hi all, I have an 8 /2" pro plus isolation module straight blade plow. I find that the plow is sinking down slowly. I have a new gland nut on the lift cylinder due to a leak, I had this problem before changing the gland nut. I see no external leaks so I'm thinking that I have a valve sealing problem, does this seem right? any pointers as to where to go from here?

Thanks for any help!
    RWI

2. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Could be something stuck in a valve...

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

S1 valve, white/yellow wire

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The S1 two way cartridge is leaking internally. If there's no external leaks anywhere, that's really the only other possibility. Sometimes you can remove it and flush it with brake cleaner and blow it out with compressed air. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to replace it.

5. rwilimo

rwilimo Member

O.K. thanks very much, I will pull it apart and have a look.

6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I agree with the guys. This is a simple unit and S1 is the only thing involved with holding the blade up. The S1 is the valve closest to the front of the unit. Part number is SV28-2004 but tell Western you need a 49227-K
    Before removing the valve remove your filler plug and release the reservoir air pressure. Should be 5 psi in there if the vent cap is working properly. Releasing this pressure will reduce the fluid you loose when the valve is out. Also make sure you have the blade all the way down when you pull it or it will be hard to get the valve out and the blade will drop and fluid will spray out of the valve hole when it finally comes out. I like to put the plow in float mode and push the lift frame all the way down before I remove that valve so there is no fluid in the ram to leak out.

7. rwilimo

rwilimo Member

Thanks for al the help, I finally had time to deal with this, wow its a 5 minute job, didn't see any debris so I just replaced the valve, I put a good 10 hours on her the other night an no problems!