1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Plus problem/question?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by buckhigh, Dec 16, 2009.

1. buckhigh

buckhigh Senior Member

Hey guys! Bought a brand new Pro Plus last November. Have already had poppet check valve issues and now dealing with a new problem.

Now, when I angle the blade all the way to the right, it angles smoothly all the way until it hits the "dead" stop. And it stays. Perfect! When I angle all the way to the left, when it hits the "dead" stop, it releases back 3-5 inches.

I don't think this is normal? Any help guys before I holler at the dealer tomorrow morning. If something is wrong, is now the time to demand a new pump before my warranty expires? At this rate, every winter season I'm dealing with pump/valve issues and have a good feeling next winter will be my third go around with problems.

Thanks for reading and replying as to what the issue could be!

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

What is seem like to your saying,when you go all the way to the "left angle", it hit the stop. thena couple of seconds later it moves 3-5" away from the stop. In other words, the blade is not holding it "angle position"??

If that the case, I found this

langle.jpg

If the plow is still under warranty, I would have them fix it..Or have the pump replace.

Like buying a new vehicle..3 months later you have a electrical problem..Bring it to the shop, they say they fix it..A month later back to the dealer because of another problem..they say they fix it and it might have been related to the first problem. Now 4 months later another electrical problem..Guess what, you can tell them to keep the vehicle because the electrical problem was never resolve and demand a new vehicle. Call the "LEMON LAW".

Point is, if the problem keep occurring and not resolve, the only solution is to replace.

You paid a lot of hard earn cash, make them repair it right, or replace it, i.........

langle.jpg