1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Plus plow question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by plowin boy, Dec 19, 2005.

1. plowin boy

plowin boy Member

I have a 03 gmc 1/2 ton 5.3 v8 6 foot bed, extended cab,4x4, was told that the pro plus would not work on my truck, and was told that it would. What do you guys think?
  2. Synergyracing

Synergyracing Member
    from Indiana

I think it would be too heavy for a half ton....
  3. bnewell

bnewell Banned
    from Ohio

It will work, but not recommended. As mentioned above, it is too heavy.

Sure, some dealers will put anything on anything just to get the sale while others will abide by the manufacturers application guide.

Would I put it on "MY" truck.......no way.

4. dj&sonplowing

dj&sonplowing Member

way to heavy for a half ton,, i put one on my 3/4 ton , turnedup the torsion bars, and added timbrens,, its ok now,, i love that plow
  5. trinitygrove

trinitygrove Member

unless you want to crumple your front end. I think the plow weighs 805 lbs +++ the mount. Definetly go over your GAWR for the front. Just get a pro, they weight about 100 lbs less.
  6. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

1/2 ton trucks don't need real heavy plow, they are working hard enoguh already. I would go with a nice MID-weight plow. IMO with a half ton you can push MORE with a lighter plow.
  7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Too heavy of a plow.....go with a standard or pro plow 7'6" ...:nod: