1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Plus on 06 F250

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 92f350, Jan 29, 2008.

1. 92f350

92f350 Junior Member

I currently have this plow on my 92 F350 7.3 and looking at getting a new 06 Supercab f250 5.4l with the 4400LB front end. Was wondering if it was to heavy for this truck. I also have an 8' steel western sander on the same f350. Will this new truck handle all this or do i need another f350?

2. 92f350

92f350 Junior Member

Sorry it's the 8' pro plus forgot to mention that.

3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

you can click the western link on plowsite, and use e-match and it will show you what that truck can handle.:salute:

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

It would be fine.

5. 92f350

92f350 Junior Member

says only a 7 1/2' midweight but i figured it was a superduty it could handle more than that. That's why i was wondering if someone had the same setup what kind of blade they have on their trucks.

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Westerns/fishers plow match is a joke. As they are trying to remove all liablity from themsleves by claiming you can't put a anything bigger than a midweight on most trucks. Yet your truck could easly hand a 8.5 V plow or a Wideout. I got the 4800lb axel in my diesel F-250, and it handles my wideout just fine. I did however add a set of timberns.

7. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

if its a UNI-Mount you can use it only after you buy the ultra mount brackets and there expensive little uni-mount to ultra conversion

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with itsgottobegreen,
    He knows his stuff. You might consider throwing some timbrens on the front to help though because its a somewhat heavy plow.

9. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

On the 2004 and older all of the front axles are the same. The different ratings are different springs. I think it is the same on the newer coil spring setups as well. Worst case if it does not carry the weight well change the springs. This very easy on the coils and not expensive at all.

My 2002 F-350 SRW SB 7.3 has V code springs on it. These are 5200 lb springs. I am putting a blizzard 810 on it and changing the springs to the X code springs. They are 6000 lb springs. The same as used on the F-550.