1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Plus on 04 F250 & 92 International 4600

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by TurfSolutionsMN, Jan 6, 2008.

1. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Next year I want to buy a plow for my International 4600 dump truck. But I would really like to have the option to beable to put it on my 2004 F250 if the dump truck went down. Would it work out if I bought the Pro Plus 9'? I emailed Western and they said to buy two plows, the heavyweight and another for the F250. I dont have the money for that right now, but that could be an option in the future. Any help would be great!!

2. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

the 4600 is too big for a 9ft and the weight of the truck will tear up the even a pro plus and the heavy weight is too heavy for a f250.guessing at least 19,000 gvw on the 4600 verses 8800 gvw on the 250.try looking at some used equipment and you might be able to afford both.

3. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

Thanks for the help!! So next year I will have to buy the 9' or 10' heavyweight. As of this year I only have 2 parking lots & hired someone else to do them, but I just bought a skid steer and I'm going to do them from now on. Next year I want to get about 10-15 parking lots. Do you think its worth the risk of only running one plow & a skid steer or do you think I should try to find a plow for the F250 for a back up?

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If your staying with smaller to medium sized lots than i would stay with the SS and put the plow on the pickup. If your going larger commercial then go with the Int but put the 10' on it.

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

The city of westminster has a international 4200 with 9 pro plus and wings. I would put the plow on F-250 first.

Personally I would not buy a heavy weight. I have had the pleasure of installing several heavyweight plows on trucks. Unless you have a whole machine shop in your basement. Or shell out $1200 for the labor for the install. It takes two master fabricators 2 days to normally install one. I would look at a viking snow king plow for that truck. They already have pre made mount for that truck. Or you could get the universal mount from western and make it fit your 4600 and put a 9' pro plus on it.

6. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

I personally want to put a plow on my Int. instead of my F250 do to the amount of wear the F250 would take compared to the Int. Do you think the Int. would wreck the Pro 9' w/ wings? The Int. only has a 9' box so its not like I'm driving a tank in small lots. My smallest lot this year is 40,000 sq ft.

7. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

we put the 9ft pro plus on f550,s anything larger we use flink plows.The reason? we have a 96f800 and put the meyer 10ft on it and ended up destroying both the blade and the frame. You need to get the right size plow for the right size truck.

8. itsgottobegreen

Flink, Valk, Viking plows would really be better choices than the pro plus for that truck. Heck see jerre about a 8611 for your 4600, there are several people on here with them on 4900, and 4300 internationals.

But if you really want a proplus you could do it. Just not recommended. I forgot about this, but I snapped the pivot pins on my 9' pro plus with my F-350 dump that weights about 18,000 lbs with plow, sander and salt. But then again any plow hitting a curb at 30mph is going to break with that kind of weight behind it. So your 26000lbs 4600 probably would too. With the lots being as small as they are, a plow on your pickup is still a better idea. The 4200 with the proplus that I know of has a gvw of 18500, which really is the max for that plow.

9. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

Thanks for the help!! I really dont want to go through that big of a hassle for the heavy weight, but they are the closest dealer along with Hiniker. Its about an 1 1/2 drive to a Blizzard dealer I will go there some day yet to check them out? The reason I want it on my 4600 is hopefully next year I will get some of the big lots I have been keeping an eye on. In my area theres about 20 people with a plow, for their own driveway and they go and do one commercial before work. I would like to get them with the great service I can provide.

10. itsgottobegreen

Ok here is a question does the truck currently have central hydraulics to run the hoist?

11. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

I am new to the dump truck world so I dont no what you mean by central. Also does anyone know how much the Blizzard 8611 cost?

12. itsgottobegreen

Ok is there an electric over hydraulic pump mounted to the frame of the truck to lift the bed?

Or Do you have to put the truck in neutral then engage the pto then put back into drive (that would be pto hoist) or is there a switch on the dash that turns on the clutch pump (that woukld be central hydros) ,then there is a hydraulic control lever to raise it up and down.