1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Plus moves on its own side to side

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jmainel1, Nov 11, 2008.

1. jmainel1

jmainel1 Junior Member

Just got my 8' Pro Plow Plus installed on my 2008 Ford F350 SuperCab Diesel. I had the plow slightly angled to the left for the trip home which is about 1/2 hour...I could swear it was moving. I checked the handheld remote, plow was off. I turned it back on and adjusted the angle. By the time I got home it was almost angled all the way. When I got home I found that I could move the plow by hand almost a foot from side to side (3-4 inches cylinder movement). If I angled the blade all the way to one side, it held, I couldn't movie it. My dealer said this was normal? I had an '04 with the same plow and it never did this. Doesn't seem right to me...anyone have any ideas?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Likely just has some air lift in the hydro system from the new install. Dealer should have fully bled the system before releasing it to you but not all do. :rolleyes:

Should work itself out on its own but if your in a hurry you can bleed it manually. You'll likely need some extra fluid as well...