1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Plus lights on 2008 2500HD

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by K.C.C., Feb 3, 2014.

1. K.C.C.

K.C.C. Junior Member

I just bought a 2008 2500HD and a used 2009 7.6 Pro Plus. The plow came with everything I need except the headlight wiring harness thats supposed to be to the dealer at the end of this week. With another round of snow coming tomorrow, I was wondering if I could get the plow operational, minus lights, without the headlight harness or does the isolation module need the headlight connection to allow the plow to function?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You could "hotwire" the lights if needed

3. boatmehcanic

boatmehcanic Junior Member
    from Iowa

The only thing the isolation module does is switch the power from the truck lights to the plow lights. You should be able to just hook up the power/control harness and be able to use the plow.
    P.S. Where at in eastern iowa are you from? I live in North Liberty.

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I know the controller won't activate unless there is an isolation module installed but it is quite possible it would work without the headlight harness. It would b nice if u had the cable that goes from the module to the grill because that is what tells the controller that the plow is connected. Unfortunately that cable comes in the headlight harness kit. Without it u have to jump the appropriate ISO module pin to ground to trick it to thinking the plow is connected.

5. K.C.C.

K.C.C. Junior Member

Thanks mishnick, I have the headlight harness from the 2000 Chevy that it came off of, I'll use that to get the plow going while waiting on the new harness, just won't have plow lights.

boatmechanic, I'm in Atalissa, just east of West Liberty

6. mishnick

Perfect, just run that wire from iso mod to plow plug and then if necessary just plug in the other two plugs from old headlight harness and leave them unconnected, rolled up. The iso mod will just think there are no lights turned on but will activate the plow never the less.
    But try it without the two plugs from the headlight harness connected at all and let us know if it worked like that. Would be good to know.

7. K.C.C.

K.C.C. Junior Member

I got the wiring done last night and the plow works fine without the harness plugged into the truck headlights. It really wasn't too bad running without plow lights, just have to run the plow lower.

This might be handy to know if you would happen to lose a headlight at 3 a.m. and couldn't get a replacement, disconnecting the harness from the headlight will at least get you back to truck lights while maintaining plow function.

8. mishnick

Good point and good information that you don't need headlight harness to get plowing in a pinch...

9. boatmehcanic

boatmehcanic Junior Member
    from Iowa

Glad you get her up and running