1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Plus from 99 F250 to 03 F250

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Scavenger, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Scavenger

Scavenger Junior Member

I bought a 8.0 Pro Plus that was on a 1999 F250. I'm going to be attempting the installation on my 2003 F250 this weekend. Of course, it's the electrical that has me nervous. A friend and I removed the plow from the 99 F250, so we think we know how it was connected there. Should this be a pretty easy switch? Is there a difference between the two trucks that would require a different electrical setup?

I don't want to remove my old Meyer V-plow (this weekend) if I'm going to need new parts to make this plow work on my truck. Snows coming - can't be without a plow.

Thanks so much.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

as long as the headlights are the same,,,its the same truck.....

3. Scavenger

Scavenger Junior Member

Thanks. That's good to know. :salute:

How do I determine if the lights are the same? I'm guessing that knowing they are both sealed-beam is not enough. I can contact the guy that sold me the plow to get info on his trucks lights. What do I need him to check?

If they are different, do I only need a different connecter to adapt to his lights, or could it be more involved/expensive than that? :confused:

Thanks again?

4. dieselss

Either sealed beams or just the bulb. Those are the 2 differences. Was the truck an xl? Xlt? Or lariat? That would help. And what is yours?

5. Scavenger

Scavenger Junior Member

My 03 has sealed beams and the lowest trim package (I'm guessing). No power windows/doorlocks, vinyl floor, etc. Does that mean XL?

The 99 that the plow came from has an XLT package. The 99 truck owner is pretty sure it has bulbs. He's going to check and email me if it does not.

Going on that assumption of the difference in headlights, what will I need to get to make this plow work on my truck?

Any good online sources for whatever I need (no Western dealer close to me)?

Thanks, again. :)

6. dieselss

Probally just the headlight connectors then...rte.com. angelos.com. places like that.

7. Scavenger

Scavenger Junior Member

Thanks.

Having trouble with those sites. rte.com sent me to "RTE Med Tech", and angelos.com sent me to a generic site with links to other sites. I cut and pasted the links. Hmmmm.

8. Scavenger

Scavenger Junior Member

Actually, the rte.com sends me to a "Real Time Enterprises" site with the only link going to rtemd.com with is a medical devices software site.

9. Scavenger

Scavenger Junior Member

When we disconnected the plow from the 1999 F-250, we first pulled the harness (connector attached to wires) from the headlight. We then removed a blue adapter from the headlight that allowed the harness to fit the bulb.

When I look at sites like this (http://www.centralparts.com/unassigned/Lite-Adapter-2B-2D-61545/4663/) I only see the adapter (wires and all). I was expecting to just need to get a new adapter, not the complete harness as shown at the link.

Is it possible that I already have the correct parts, and when the plow was installed on the 1999 F-250 they had to use the blue adapters to accomodate the non-sealed-beam type of light on that truck (ie: the harness was for sealed-beam and they had to adapt to the halogen bulbs)?

10. dieselss

Not sure of the spelling sorry rte. Is a truck place. I'll ck the others for ya

11. dieselss

12. Scavenger

Scavenger Junior Member

Did you see the last question in my previous post? Any thoughts?

Thanks. :)

13. dieselss

Yea. Just outta wonder did you ck westerns web site? See what the quick match said?

14. Scavenger

Scavenger Junior Member

I was at their site looking for wiring instructions (didn't find one that talked about the 4-port isolation module), but I didn't try quick match. I'm heading home early (right now) to get home before the highway gets closed. I'll try the quick match when I get home.

Thanks.

15. dieselss

The ISO is not for your type of plow. I'm trying to remember if there is those adaptors that your talking about...sorry been awhile since I have had to deal with that. Shoot a pm to mishnick. He'll be able to tell you exactly