1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Plus Battery Cable Question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by michbow, Jan 6, 2014.

1. michbow

michbow Junior Member

I have a Western Pro Plus plow and was told the battery cable I needed was part #61169 but it is different than the one I currently have on there. I think the one I actually needed was #63411. My battery cable has the larger positive and negative cables but also has a much smaller black/orange wire coming off the negative cable, right where it connects to the truck battery like the #63411. *That black/orange wire then runs to a plastic connector and then meets up with 3 other wires, which in turn meets up with 2 other separate bundles of wires, which all together run through the fire wall to a plug which then plugs in to the controller. *It looks like it must be a ground for the hand controller.

Is it possible to simply use the #61169 battery cable instead of the #63411 battery cable, cut the small black/orange wire coming out of firewall and connect it directly to my truck battery and make the ground work that way? *I can't see why it wouldn't work making the direct connection I described here but figured I'd get your thoughts.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

64311 is the correct cable, but connecting the ground the way you described will work also.
  3. michbow

michbow Junior Member

Thanks, I (thought) it should be ok but also wasn't confident enough in that t(hought) not ask for a second opinion.
    Thanks again