1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pro plow ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jgsxr750, Mar 29, 2006.

1. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

i planning on plowing acouple of driveways next winter. i was wondering if anyone could give me an answer on which is a better plow for my truck. it is a 05 1500 crew cab ( chevy silverado) . the question is regular duty (pro plow) or light duty(midweight). 7'-6" . i'm a recently new member and just wanted to say this sight is great. Alot of helpful information from everyone.

2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Welcome to the site. Are you planing on eventually getting into larger commercial lots? I think that if you are going to do that then go with the Pro plow. Otherwise, I would suggest getting the midwieght and adding a set of Timbrens.

William

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 1 year old Blizzard 760LT for sale if your intrested.

4. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

I Have A Western 7.5 Pro Plow That is 1 1/2 yrs old and in great shape can send pics if you want let me know.

Mark

5. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

send the pics. always interested in seeing others equipment

6. DaySpring Services

Sorry it isn't a Western, But maybe if it's close enough it might be worth it. The turn signals also have 2 hide away strobes in them.

DSC00083.JPG

7. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

Ok Heres the deal the plow i have for sale came off my 04 Chevy, Truck was totaled but plow was in my garage at the time. It is still there, the brown rust looking spots on the mold board is mud plow had not been cleaned as it was going to snow the next day but the truck got totaled in the mean time. I have no mount or wiring for any truck only the plow side, But the mount runs around $400.00 and the wiring about $600.00 with a new controller. unless you can find it cheaper on an internet site like ebay. Plow will be cleaned for new owner prior to sale. asking $1800.00 OBO.

This plow will fit most trucks with a FGVW of 3700, Any other questions feel free to e-mail me

Thanks Mark

see pics here http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=34885&goto=newpost

8. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

To bad about the truck S-10. But like you said it wasn't a total loss. Have a couple questions about the pro plow your selling. please send me your e-mail address or heres mine . jgsxr750@optonline.net what to know how much it would be toship to new york.

9. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

how much are you selling the blizzard plow for . About how much would the mounts bee for a chevy truck.

10. DaySpring Services

Im asking $2400 for it. I paid around $3200 for it last fall. I dont know how much the mount is off hand.